The 3 big consoles have arrived, Intel have made their Core Duo play, no one cares about Vista, and there’s enough ipod models to sink the Queen Mary 2. So what’s everyone waiting for in 2007?
1. WebTV? Nah, bandwidth hog, and who wants it on a laptop? Cable and HDTV are too close a fit. Youtube fills the snippet market.
2. Macbook Thin? Nah, the 13 inch model for low-end, and the 15 inch Pro take care of the two markets. A 12 inch superportable just ain’t enticing enough.
3. Human Assisted Search? Nah, I trust google. They’ve got everything else of mine, they can have search too.
4. Jesus? Don’t know. I think the Mayan Calendar points to 2012.
5. Get Rich Quick? where? sign me up!
Conclusion? 2007 is going to be a dull year for tech. Web2.0 and ajax will mature and refine, but 2006 will go down as the revolutionary year. All the money is on climate change as being the number one issue.